Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  deleting temporary files
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 12th, 2010, 10:31pm
Should I delete temporary files, and if so what is the best way in Windows 7? bill
Posted by: 112 (Guest), September 13th, 2010, 8:51am; Reply: 1
Our program, A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner (http://superwin.com/a1clean.htm), deletes temporary files.
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 13th, 2010, 1:04pm; Reply: 2
I have the program on my windows 7 computer. I honestly dont' know if it is the trial version or the bought one, it's so long ago. But the bigger problem is that I ran it 3 times and two times the computer crashed and one time reverted to the original sign-in screen after windows boots up. bill
Posted by: 112 (Guest), September 14th, 2010, 7:10am; Reply: 3
Just run the Clean PC part of it.  This is the first I have heard of A1Click causing any problems in Windows 7.
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 14th, 2010, 5:46pm; Reply: 4
I ran it (A1cleanr.exe) once again to confirm my experience. It ran for about 15 minutes (screen on, no sleep etc.) and once again as I came back to check, the screen had reverted to the original Windows 7 sign in screen without any sign of the A1 click cleaner.
Posted by: 112 (Guest), September 15th, 2010, 7:39am; Reply: 5
   I assume that the reason why A1Click was no longer there is because you have it set up to close when it is finished.  I would think that the sign in screen is on because your computer sat idle and it went to sleep.
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 15th, 2010, 10:29am; Reply: 6
I ran it again and made sure it didn't sleep. It did finish the search but when I clicked CLEAN the computer immediately shut down to the blue screen with a crash dump
Posted by: 112 (Guest), September 16th, 2010, 7:36am; Reply: 7
   That is strange.  We have never experienced that in testing or had that reported to us.  I don't know what could be causing that.  We will keep an eye out for a solution.
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 16th, 2010, 7:55am; Reply: 8
I will try it again and let you know the result. thanks
Posted by: 90 (Guest), September 18th, 2010, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
I tried it twice and both times again got the shut down blue screen after I clicked clean. I used the program I found on my computer of A1cleanr.exe. There were two of them in my search and they both seemed to work the same and produce the same results. I think I have the registgered version. Anyway, would you recommend an alternative program that's reliable like your software has been so I can safely remove these temporary files, etc.
Posted by: 112 (Guest), September 20th, 2010, 8:33am; Reply: 10
Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations.
Print page generated: June 17th, 2021, 9:33pm