Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Downloading Driver Updates
Posted by: nafair (Guest), July 23rd, 2014, 11:42am
My computer is running slow and having trouble connecting to the Internet. In my attempts to find what's wrong I ran across the web site, Driver Update. I downloaded it, Internet access improved, and I got another screen to download a bunch of other updates. My question: is Driver Update legit, or is it a scam to get into my computer and mess it up? Thanks for your help. 8)
Posted by: Ray, July 23rd, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 1
   I do not know anything about Driver Update specifically.  My guess would be that it is legit.  But I really do not know.
   I do know that there are driver update sites/programs that are legit.  They look at the drivers on your computer, look online for the latest drivers available, and compare your driver with the latest to see if a newer one is available.  You can actually do the same thing manually if you know how.
   The one problem that I have come across with these is that the newest driver is not always the best.  Some people have installed a newer driver only to find out that it does not work for them.  You just have to be careful and ready to undo it if something does not work.
Posted by: nafair (Guest), July 24th, 2014, 7:10am; Reply: 2
Thanks for your help.
Print page generated: October 20th, 2018, 9:44pm