Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Cannot schedule RegVac Scan and Clean
Posted by: bcmktg (Guest), March 13th, 2014, 12:04pm
I am a LONG time user of RegVac.  I need to start the Scan and Clean on a schedule, so I set up a task in Windows XP Task Scheduler in accordance with this statement I found in the RegVac Help files: "The Scan and Clean section may be run by a scheduler by passing the parameter, "schedule".  The command to run RegVac in a scheduler would look like this:  "c:\regvac\regvac.exe schedule" (without the quotes)."  The commands I have tried are as follows:
"C:\PROGRA~1\REGVAC~1\regvac.exe -schedule"
"C:\PROGRA~1\REGVAC~1\regvac.exe /schedule"
"C:\PROGRA~1\REGVAC~1\regvac.exe schedule"

All of these strings I have tried will open RegVac, but unfortunately the Scan and Clean will not run automatically as indicated in the Help files.

Thanks for your help - I appreciate it.

Al Babcock
Loveland, OH
Posted by: Ray, March 14th, 2014, 12:51am; Reply: 1
Use the last one - "C:\PROGRA~1\REGVAC~1\regvac.exe schedule"
For it to work automatically, you first need to select "Do Not Perform" in the dropdown box at the bottom of the Scan and Clean page in the Advanced Zone and then close it.
Posted by: bcmktg (Guest), March 14th, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 2
I'll give that a whirl!  Thanks!
Posted by: bcmktg (Guest), March 15th, 2014, 2:55am; Reply: 3

Quoted from Ray
Use the last one - "C:\PROGRA~1\REGVAC~1\regvac.exe schedule"
For it to work automatically, you first need to select "Do Not Perform" in the dropdown box at the bottom of the Scan and Clean page in the Advanced Zone and then close it.

That worked like a charm!  Thanks so much for your help - I really appreciate it.  I did not have "Do not perform" Selected in the pull-down menu.  Once I did that it ran fine.

Thanks again,

Al Babcock
Loveland, OH
Print page generated: October 17th, 2018, 11:00am