Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  windows 8
Posted by: imda14u (Guest), September 8th, 2013, 3:50pm
i have windows 8 i shut down my pc went to work came home noticed the pc light was on went o turn monitor on had me log in as adaminisrator  logged in  it said preparing windows and it did a pc refresh by itself any ides why it would do this was i hacked  ? pls help
Posted by: Ray, September 10th, 2013, 12:09am; Reply: 1
No one can hack your computer if it is shut down.  Maybe it really was not shut down and Windows installed an update.  I don't know.
Posted by: imda14u (Guest), September 13th, 2013, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
but why would it  do a  pc refresh by itself is that even possible for it to run  i on its own update or not  ive had updates before and never had it do a  pc refresh
Posted by: Ray, September 14th, 2013, 5:38am; Reply: 3
   If you had your computer all the way shut off, nothing can start it, except for a human being pushing on the power button.
   If Windows was in the process of installing an update, it would not have shut down all of the way.  Updates often do restarts.
   The other possibility is that your computer was hibernating or sleeping and not shut down.  If that were the case, just about anything might start your computer (including a power surge).  Most likely it was not a hacker.
Print page generated: December 9th, 2018, 1:38pm