Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Sticky Bios
Posted by: mspiekerman (Guest), September 17th, 2011, 8:31am
I have an issue with bios that I cannot seem to correct.  When I start up the computer from a cold start, the screen shows the bios start screen, then instead of automatically proceeding to Windows (XP), it requires me to hit F1 to continue to Windows. The problem is intermittent on a re-start, but most of the time is there as well.  I tried to correct this by "optimizing defaults" but that does not work either. The motherboard has also been replaced.

I am perplexed on what might be causing this "sticky" bios.  I would be grateful for any suggestions for a solution.

Posted by: Ray, September 22nd, 2011, 1:56pm; Reply: 1
   There are suggestions at this website.  It gives three possibilities: go into CMOS setup and save the settings without making any changes, go into CMOS and correct any problems there, and replace a dead CMOS battery.
   Other possibilities are that something is wrong with your A drive or your BIOS needs to be flashed (this should only be done as a last resort).
Posted by: mgrunwell (Guest), September 28th, 2011, 7:22am; Reply: 2
hi - I have the same problem, but the reason is clear. on the early acer's~2004, if chasie intrusion is detected,bios halts, and displays a report. the bulk of the report is dim white on black  background with "press f1 to continue to windows" is brightly highlighted.I hope your monitor is nicely ajusted. ie britness and contrast and you are not missing some of the report.There appears to be no reset for this in bios so i assume the micro switch, that detects the case opening is not being operated, when the cover is refitted.In that case ,a permanent signal is sent to the MB ,indicating, no cover present. Refiting some desktops cases can be a horid slow tedious task if damage is to be prevented.
Posted by: MiKeY (Guest), November 29th, 2011, 5:14am; Reply: 3
Hi, I have a similar problem; plz read this.

http://www.regvac.com/forum/b-questions/m-1322563039/

Michiel
Print page generated: September 26th, 2018, 2:39am