Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Windows error message
Posted by: Zeph, April 11th, 2011, 11:28pm
I updated Firefox to version 4. Now, every time I open Firefox a Windows Error popup appears stating...

Windows cannot find
'https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=us&rand=832809823&i=IWZkZHNKIXRzZnNydEpidXV4dSF0ZEqOZHh4fH5iU356YmNYcnM%3d&.src=ym'

In spite of the error message, Firefox proceeds to open normally and takes me to Yahoo.com. Closing the error message has no affect pro or con...so, the message is merely a nuisance. I've tried everything I can think of to permanently remove it with no success. Even Microsoft can't find the file in their database. Running a deep scan to find out if it is a virus didn't find anything. Am using XP Home edition. By the way, I get a similar Windows error message when I try to open GMAIL, with the same results. Weird.

Am hoping someone on this forum can tell me how to get rid of these messages. Thanks in advance!
Posted by: crashman, April 12th, 2011, 12:50pm; Reply: 1
You have stayed "logged in" to yahoo. (Or Firefox has remembered too much information)

Login into Yahoo as normal and then > logout.

If you still get the message give up on Firefox. It has so many known and unremedied problems that I can't see why anyone still uses it.

Try Google Chrome (but do a custom install) instead.
Posted by: Zeph, April 13th, 2011, 2:26pm; Reply: 2
Thanks Crashman...tried your suggestion re: Yahoo mail. Still have the problem so as per your advice am now looking for another browser.
Zeph
Print page generated: October 18th, 2018, 7:11pm