Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Winrescue Vista
Posted by: mrobto, September 24th, 2010, 4:29am
Hello, I've been using Winrescue for some years:on win98, Winmillenium, WinXP,
    and recently I bought Winrescue Vista,never had a problem with the other OS,
   well, I installed it on(Vista) on July and inmediately created a backup, yesterday  
    PC was acting up,so I tried to restore with Winrescue, and next thing I see is a
    message: "cmd.exe not setup properly"!! please reintall winrescue, I did that and
      got the same message again,did it two more times and gave up,... any ideas?
       will apreciate any help with this problem,  Thanks mrobto
Posted by: Ray, September 28th, 2010, 7:56am; Reply: 1
   cmd.exe is a file that comes with WinRescue and is installed in the WinRescue directory during installation.  WinRescue is not finding that file and so it gives you that error message.  I am not sure why it is looking for that file though during Restore.  When I get back to the office, I will look in the code and try to figure out what is happening.
Posted by: Ray, October 4th, 2010, 10:57am; Reply: 2
   I was able to look in the code.  I will fix that in the next version of WinRescue.
   For now, you can get around that one of two ways.  One is to select a different restore option.  The other is to look in the WinRescue Vista directory and make sure two files exist: cmd.exe and cmd.pif.  Both of these come with WinRescue Vista but something may be removing them on your computer.  If they do not exist you can create an empty file and name it that.
Print page generated: June 15th, 2019, 11:11pm