Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  How to download videos from youtube?
Posted by: Dirintrainingy (Guest), January 7th, 2010, 9:47am
Does anyone know how I can save a movie from Youtube with out downloading and installing software?
Posted by: Ray, January 7th, 2010, 12:33pm; Reply: 1
   When you watch a YouTube video a temp file containing the video is actually downloaded onto your computer.  It is in the Temporary Internet cache.  If you can find it, rename it and move it to a more permanent location and you will have the video.  When looking for it, sort the files by size and look at the big files.
   If you just need the video for viewing later, you can let the video load completely and then not close the browser.  Later (not more than a day or two later) you can play it again even if you do not have internet access.
Posted by: tmock (Guest), January 24th, 2010, 1:23pm; Reply: 2
While on YouTube, navigate to a video you want to download to your computer and up in the address bar of your browser, replace the Y in YouTube with a number 3 and hit enter.

You'll be taken to the 3ouTube site where you'll have the choice of downloading in MP4 or FLV formats!
Posted by: dickiesam, February 1st, 2010, 6:58am; Reply: 3
I know you would prefer not to download any software but if, in the future, you wanted to keep a 'library' of YouTube vids, there's a free program called '1-Click YouTube to MP3 Converter' from this site: http://www.365funnyvideos.com/youtubetomp3converter/

It allows you to download several vids by pasting the vid's URL into a 'box' and it will convert them into other formats such as MP3 and wmv. As I said, the program is free but the author appreciates a small donation. It's unbelievably simple to use. A humdinger and for free.

Dickiesam  8)
Print page generated: July 21st, 2019, 9:39pm