Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  Dead computer
Posted by: nvogen, December 14th, 2009, 8:15am
I have a HP 7935 with XP. This is my "back-up" machine. I haven't used it for several months. When I recently tried to turn it on, it wouldn't work. When I unplugged and replugged the power cord, a green light flashed and went out. Does the computer have a reset or a fuse?
Posted by: Ray, December 14th, 2009, 1:25pm; Reply: 1
   You say that it will not work.  What do you mean by that?  What happens when you turn it on?
Posted by: nvogen, December 19th, 2009, 8:01am; Reply: 2
It will not turn on.
Posted by: Ray, December 19th, 2009, 5:13pm; Reply: 3
   Are you saying that when you press on the power button nothing happens?  No lights, no noise, nothing?  If so, my guess would be that it is a bad power supply.
Posted by: nvogen, December 21st, 2009, 8:13am; Reply: 4
You are correct.  Nothing happens.
Posted by: nvogen, December 21st, 2009, 8:17am; Reply: 5
is there a battery that might be bad?
Posted by: Ray, December 21st, 2009, 5:53pm; Reply: 6
There is a battery that allows your computer to remember what time it is among other things.  If the battery is bad, the time will be off but your computer will still start.
Posted by: nvogen, February 8th, 2010, 6:29am; Reply: 7
Ray:
Thanks for the help. It was a bad power supply. I bought  new psu and tried to install but it was too deep for my unit. I could have gotten it in by cutting away some of the sheet metal which supports the cd and floppy drives but was reluctant to do that. The common psu available is 5.5" deep and my unit was 4". A friend  that spends too much time picking stuff up in others rubbish had a box full of psus. One of them had the right dimensions. I installed that psu and everything worked fine. The price was right, also.
Posted by: Ray, February 8th, 2010, 9:59am; Reply: 8
Good job.
Print page generated: April 25th, 2019, 3:47pm