Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  PECULIAR MESSAGE ON START UP
Posted by: billrobb, December 7th, 2009, 1:02pm
When I start up my Windows 7 I get this message:

SPRTCMD.EXE
TO RUN THIS APPLICATION YOU MUST FIRST INSTALL ONE OF THE VERSIONS OF .NETFRAMEWORK V4020506
CONTACT YOUR APPLICATION PUBLISHER ABOUT OBTAINING THE APPROPRIATE VERSION

ANY IDEAS HOW TO RESOLVE THIS MESSAGE?  THANKS, BILL
Posted by: Ray, December 9th, 2009, 4:16pm; Reply: 1
Here is what I found about that on the internet.

Go to control panel> add / remove programs. Make sure the show updates box is checked. Scroll to netframework and look to the right it will say change or remove, you want to click change. See if it has a repair button. If it does, repair it. If not, redownload netframework and reinstall it. Go to microsoft.com to get the file.
Posted by: billrobb, December 11th, 2009, 7:08pm; Reply: 2
Netframework does not appear in my program list in the control panel. Any thoughts? bill
Posted by: Ray, December 14th, 2009, 1:22pm; Reply: 3
   If you can figure out how to get Netframework and can install it, I would think that will solve the problem.
   If not and/or you don't care to have it, look in the startup lists and try to find what starts it.  Removing it from the startup list should also solve your problem.
Posted by: Snakeyes, December 15th, 2009, 3:47pm; Reply: 4
I suspect you have a Dell computer. This is possibly an executable file located in your Dell Help Center. you can fix this by downloading and installing net framework from the following URL: --

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer
Print page generated: November 18th, 2018, 8:41pm