Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  windows 7 & winrescue
Posted by: pattigayle (Guest), November 6th, 2009, 8:21am
I just upgraded from Win Xp to Win 7. I figure that WinrescueXp won't work, so will there be a winrescue 7 or should I get winrescue vista ?
Posted by: Ray, November 6th, 2009, 9:01am; Reply: 1
   Both WinRescue XP and WinRescue Vista should work in Windows 7.  I am working on a WinRescue 7.  It should be out in a month or so.
Posted by: 2Shlow, December 31st, 2009, 12:41am; Reply: 2
Ray, what are the changes in WinRescue 7 from WinRescueXP?  While you say in the earlier answer that the older versions for XP and Vista should work under Win7, I bet you found new things to do, right?

Also is there an upgrade price for WinRescue 7 for people like me who have been using WinRescue since Win98?  On the WinRescue 7 order page, I saw only one price for all.

Posted by: Ray, December 31st, 2009, 3:02pm; Reply: 3
   The changes were mainly minimal.  RegPack and Registry Restore is blocked by 64bit in Windows 7, so that has been disabled in WinRescue 7.  We are trying to figure a way around that and if and when we do, it will be incorporated into WinRescue 7.
   You can get the upgrade price of $15 by going to the Registered Users section of the WinRescue that you do have and select Update or Upgrade.
Posted by: 2Shlow, December 31st, 2009, 10:02pm; Reply: 4
I am confused.  You say "The changes were mainly minimal.  RegPack and Registry Restore is blocked by 64bit in Windows 7, so that has been disabled in WinRescue 7."

Does that mean there there is no Registry Restore in 32bit Win7 (which is what I have)?  Or just that 64bit Registry Restore is not supported?

Posted by: Ray, January 1st, 2010, 10:13am; Reply: 5
   No, that means that there is not Registry Restore in 64bit Windows 7.
   There is Registry Restore and RegPack in 32bit.
   Other than the 64bit problem the changes are minimal.
Print page generated: July 21st, 2019, 10:16pm