Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Questions  /  change of station number
Posted by: johannes_de_jong (Guest), October 10th, 2009, 5:55am
my stationnumber for my hard disk is changed from D to F and from my cdromstation  from F to D without doing anything ,my question is how can i change it back to harddisk :D and cdrom player :F my system is XP prof.
Posted by: Cassandra, October 11th, 2009, 3:06am; Reply: 1
Hi!

I guess that by "stationnumber" you mean what I call the drive letter.

Log onto Windows with an administrator account.  Go into Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Computer Management|Storage|Disk Management.  Right click on the current D: which is supposed to be F:.  Go to "Change Drive Letter and Paths".  Change D: to some unused drive letter, maybe Q:  (I don't remember if you have to log off or reboot to make this take effect.  If you do, the machine will no doubt tell you.)

Now the letter D is free.  Go to the current F: which is supposed to be D:, right click as above, and change it to D:.

After you have done that, go to the current Q:, which was D: a few minutes ago and is supposed to be F:, and right click and change to F:, as above.

You should be finished.

Good luck.
C.
Posted by: johannes_de_jong (Guest), October 11th, 2009, 3:50pm; Reply: 2
dear Sir
thank you very much, it was very clear and solved all the problems ,i am very happy with your answer and solution
great regards
Johannes de jong
Print page generated: July 21st, 2019, 9:13pm