Comparison of RegCleaners April 27th, 2017, 7:05am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Comparison of RegCleaners

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Comparison of RegCleaners
clint
Posted: May 17th, 2012, 4:32am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Congratulations and thank you Ray for your initiative of helping us. Somehow I am a "simple-freebie-fan" and I am using the following R-Cleaners: CCleaner, Eusing R-Cleaner and the Sweepi (portable) Wizard.
Using them on the Acer Aspire S3-951, it seems to me that the Wireless Network Adapter's registry related Driver Setups are altered after a Reg-Cleaning: -Driver is not reconized and I cannot make it recognizable.
My Acer Tec-Support people are recommending to 'reinstall everything' instead of checking the Driver Setups and offering me a less time consuming solution.
I cannot spend the necessary time to learn by my own mistakes some basics regarding this. Good wishes to my helpers!  
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: May 18th, 2012, 5:33pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

The first place to start is to have your registry cleaners undo what they have done, if they have that ability.  Hopefully, that will solve the problem.  Then when you clean, pay attention to what is being removed and disable it from removing the items that are causing your problems.
   RegVac keeps undo files and allows you to disable any item from being cleaned.
   I know some registry cleaners brag about how good they are but our tests have found them to be very poor registry cleaners.  They remove registry entries that they should not remove.  You get what you pay for.
   I don't think you are going to be able to solve your problem by fixing it in the registry.
   My guess is that you will either just have to live with the mistakes of your bad registry cleaners or do what the Acer Tec-Support people said to do.
   As you have found out, a registry cleaner removing more entries is not always a good thing.  I have had discussions with the author of one of those registry cleaners about the poor logic of his registry cleaner and the deceptions he was giving the public but that author did not listen to me.
   Because many popular and highly rated (from websites I find suspicious) registry cleaners are actually bad, some computer experts advise not to use registry cleaners at all.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules