multiple openings of a application at startup April 30th, 2017, 2:43pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  multiple openings of a application at startup

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    multiple openings of a application at startup
sonali
Posted: April 21st, 2012, 6:31am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

every time when i start my laptop even after sleep mode...the mouse automatically starts a single application multiple times when i even point my cursor at it.. but it does not happen if i use my keyboard once.after that it works normally.i tried regvac but it didn't work.i clean my temp files and registry regularly.still the problem continues.... what should i do now....??? help me out asap.........plzzzz
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: April 23rd, 2012, 1:47pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I doubt the registry or temp files have anything to do with it.  I would suspect something wrong in Windows setup or something wrong with the mouse itself.  I have never heard of that happening.  I doubt that you will find a solution online.  You will probably have to take it to the repair shop (and they may not be able to figure it out either).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 10
sonali
Posted: May 6th, 2012, 4:55pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have already formatted my C drive twice...still the problem continues...do i need to fomat the whole laptop..??? Actually a few days back i had an unknown virus in my pen drive it was the day when problem started... my anti virus was unable to detect and remove it...i tried to remove it using windows defendre which too failed...finally it got removed through command prompt...but still it continues..
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 10
Ray
Posted: May 7th, 2012, 2:20pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Formatting C is usually formatting the whole laptop.  Most laptops only have one drive.
   It could be a virus on the pen drive or it could be a hardware problem.  If you reformat the entire laptop and the problem shows up before you use the pen drive, it is most likely a hardware problem.  If it only shows up after you use the pen drive, then it is probably a virus.
   You may have removed the virus using command prompt but it is possible that remnants of it remained.  Reformatting should get rid of it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 10
sonali
Posted: May 25th, 2012, 8:26am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I did hardware test on my lapi..but there was no problem.. i m not sure about pen drive..this can be a issue.. moreover there is somethin named BonzyBuddy in my registry.. but the location is locked so it can not be removed.. there are 70 infections of same name in the whole registry..how to clear that..??
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 10
Ray
Posted: May 26th, 2012, 8:34am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I don't know what BonzyBuddy is.  How do you know it is there and that there are 70 infections?
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 10
sonali
Posted: May 31st, 2012, 6:40pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

i scan registry regularly.there my registry cleaner showed that there are 70 infections and when i viewed the log.it displayed the nme..once when i scanned my registry online it showed 894 errors.and could not repair it because location was locked...and this all stuff is in c drive.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 10
Ray
Posted: June 2nd, 2012, 2:00pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

You are mixing a lot of terms up.  You do not find infections by scanning the registry.  Registry cleaners do not clean viruses.  The registry is not C drive.
   When you scan your registry online, they scan your registry for free because they are trying to sale you their software.  The results are not truthful or correct.  Some online registry scans have been found to infect computers with viruses.  You need to be careful with what you do online.  There are bad people out there.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 10
sonali
Posted: June 3rd, 2012, 12:06pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

i thought registry was in c drive. but how to remove those infections when the location is locked. sorry to disturb you this much.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 8 - 10
Ray
Posted: June 5th, 2012, 12:36pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Yes, the registry is usually in C but it is not C.  If the registry is "infected", that does not mean that C is infected.
   If it is the online registry scanners that are saying your registry is infected, they are only saying that to scare you so that you will buy their product.  Registries do not get infected.
   I suspect that if you buy their product, they will "unlock" the location, but I doubt you will notice any improvement (except that their fake scans will not find infections anymore).
   If I were you, I would stay away from those free scans and ignore their findings.  I seriously doubt that you have any "infection" on your computer.  If you do, you need to get an antivirus program and have it remove it.  Registry cleaners do not remove infections.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 9 - 10
sonali
Posted: June 19th, 2012, 7:42am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

hey my laptop is all right now...all the problems are solved.. it was just a matter of that useless anti virus..i changedd it and all got fine...
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 10 - 10
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules