XP issues - many questions October 18th, 2017, 7:36am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  XP issues - many questions

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    XP issues - many questions
superqueen
Posted: April 11th, 2012, 7:53am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hullo! I have been dealing with a problem for 3 days now and am going to start crying soon  
This is my story: I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-529 running XP Pro SP3. 3 nights ago I shut down as usual. The next morning I started up and everything was normal. My desktop loaded as per usual but I could not select ANYTHING on it. The only thing I can do is open Avast from the tray and run a general scan which says everything is ok, and I can open up the Start menu, but not select anything, and I can open up the Task Manager which shows a bunch of processes happening but no applications, and I can open up a Run command box but nothing happens if I type in any command. The hourglass keeps spinning (or in this case, the dinosaur keeps walking). I tried to start in Safe mode but I get a long list of drivers on a black page, ending in multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys. If I leave that onscreen for a few minutes, it then flashes to a BSOD, saying Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart...STOP 0x0000000A (0xF7co7354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E2E51) and then goes back to the screen asking me which mode to start in and when I select Safe mode again, it then starts up and goes to the desktop which doesn't work again. I have also tried Last Good Config to no avail. I can see everything just sitting there, and I can't access a single thing! I do not have an XP disk, as my old laptop came already installed. I am in Africa in the middle of nowhere and am a total amateur who can follow instructions well (basic knowledge from fooling around with things myself). I could use my Toshiba recovery disk, but that would format my laptop and I have not been able to do a backup in a few weeks, as a family of spiders decided to make their home in my external HD and it had to be repaired and formatted! And I need everything on it, as we use the laptop as our hotel reception computer and it has EVERYTHING on it.
I now have a Mac which I am working on and am first of all trying to figure out how to use the XP Recovery CD download from the Mac. I have downloaded the .exe file, but how do I get it onto a disk? Am I asking a stupid question here?
Any help will be HUGELY appreciated! Thanks, Lauren  
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: April 12th, 2012, 12:16pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

XP Recovery CD Maker must first be installed on a working XP computer.  Then you can make an XP Recovery CD on the XP computer.
   The idea is to have the CD before you have problems and to make backups of the registry before you have problems so that when you do have problems, you can just restore it to where it was when the backups were made.
   I doubt that XP Recovery CD would be of any help without a backup made before you had problems.
   The problem you describe could be a registry problem, it could be a virus, or it could be a hardware problem.  It is hard to know exactly what without examining the computer.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules