Acer Laptop Won't Power On June 27th, 2017, 12:09pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Acer Laptop Won't Power On

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Acer Laptop Won't Power On
baybreeze
Posted: February 12th, 2012, 5:17pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I gave a teen family member an Acer laptop for xmas in 2010 and he said the laptop suddenly stopped powering on recently. He has already tried taking the battery out, putting it back in, tried turning it on and off, he tried taking out the battery and using only the power cord, but even that won't work. The only thing is the charging light comes on when he tried to charge the battery, but it never showed fully charged, even after many many hours. It still won't power on. And by this I mean nothing, it just looks a laptop that's off. It does absolutetly nothing. The power light doesn't come on either. He swears that he didn't drop it or spill anything on it. He said it worked fine, then suddenly the next time he went to use it, it just wouldn't turn on. He's tried many times since to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Maybe the motherboard is bad?
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: February 13th, 2012, 10:26pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Has he tried holding in the Power button for over five seconds?  Sometimes it gets stuck in Sleep mode and you have to shut it completely off by holding the Power button in for five seconds.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
baybreeze
Posted: February 13th, 2012, 10:38pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Yes he tried that also. Luckily I had bought an extended two yr warranty so I filed a.claim. he tried everything they suggested to no avail. They are having us send it in so I'll see what happens.
Logged Offline
Reply: 2 - 3
baybreeze
Posted: March 11th, 2012, 3:47pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Well, we had sent the laptop to the warranty co.'s repair center. They repaired and sent it back within 2 days, which I could not believe! It turned out the video processor had gone bad, so they fixed it and now it works perfectly again. I am just so glad we bought the extended warranty for it and very pleased with this warranty company's quick service. I even sent them an extra email stating how pleased I was (since in the past, with direct manufacturers and OTHER warranty companys, they've been horror stories to deal with)
Logged Offline
Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules