No Video input August 21st, 2017, 6:36am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  No Video input

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    No Video input
JIENA
Posted: December 30th, 2011, 9:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

On occasion, computer boots without VIDEO INPUT. On such occasions it would need about three re-boots to get back video input. Any suggestions how to correct fault please.Following are copmuter specs:
Operating System   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Central Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
Video Adapter   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
          Video Memory   1.00 GB
          Screen Resolution   1280 x 1024
Total Memory   8.00 GB
Motherboard
          Model   Striker 11 formula Manufacturer   ASUSTeK Computer INC.
SMBIOS Version  Striker 11 formulaACPI BIOS Revision 2402
          BIOS Date   19/03/2010

THANK YOU for your very kind attention.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
baybreeze
Posted: January 1st, 2012, 5:04pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, but my sister just had a problem with her laptop where she had a black screen. It started intermittently and seemed to be some sort of graphics issue. Sometimes it would boot up and you could see the Windows screen, other times there was nothing. I did some research for her and it sounded like her GPU (graphics processing unit) got fried. I also found out that her particular laptop was well-known to have this exact problem because it wasn't built correctly. There wasn't a proper heat sink.

Well, my sis took it to be repaired. I had told her about what I thought it was, so she mentioned it to the repair guy. He had it for a while and he thought it was the lcd screen that was bad. He ordered another screen, she waited and waited, and he finally got the new screen, and it didnt' help the problem at all. In the end, he agreed that it was probably an overheated GPU and said he couldnt' fix it.

In your case, it could be several possibilities. It could be as simple as a loose connection all the way to a hardware failure or impending hardware failure. I would also check the monitor to make sure that isn't causing a problem. My father just had a problem with his monitor that was happening more and more over time. It wasn't coming out of standby or was taking forever to come out of it. Then a few times there was no picture, just a black screen upon booting up the PC. You could hear it booting up with the Windows boot sounds, etc, but could see nothing on the screen. In this case, the problem turned out to be his monitor. I swapped it out with a new monitor, and that solved the problem. So I think yours is a matter of trial and error. Start with checking all the connections to make sure none are loose.
Logged Offline
Reply: 1 - 2
JIENA
Posted: January 2nd, 2012, 8:28am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks for timely advice. Monitors checked. Removed and reset boards and memory on motherboard and fault seems to have cleared.Thanks again
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules