Winrescue July 24th, 2017, 6:39am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Winrescue

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Winrescue
thompson@radford.edu
Posted: December 1st, 2011, 6:22pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Ray, I'm not sure if this is a question, pipe dream, kudos, suggestion, testimonial, or a rant about Windows 7 but it's related to previous discussions and questions. When I clean up a computer mess like your father-in-law's start-up menu, I use several Superwin apps. Afterwards, I really won't fool with further problems unless the owner gets and uses Winrescue (person includes me too). I've long believed it is one of two apps that should be on EVERY computer (the other being Norton Ghost).  Like others readers on the board, Winrescue has saved me countless headaches any number of times. My question is once again re Windows 7. Do you have any guesses as to whether MS will ever make changes that will allow use of Winrescue to restore the registry in Windows 7, or are the conflicts simply complex enough that this will remain impossible? If the latter, are there any portions of the registry that could be restored without conflicts like in XP with Winrescue? (Windows 7 repeat-problems-people frown through gritted teeth when I drag out Norton Ghost and do a complete restore.) Maybe I'm just old and cranky these days but I do miss WR on W7.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: December 21st, 2011, 1:46pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Thank you for the kind words.
   I do not think that MS will do anything about the Registry Restore problem.  My guess is that it is something they don't think is important.  In their minds they have perfected Windows to the stage that a registry restore is not needed.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules