Sticky Bios December 17th, 2017, 5:53pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Sticky Bios

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Sticky Bios
mscambridge
Posted: September 17th, 2011, 2:31pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have an issue with bios that I cannot seem to correct.  When I start up the computer from a cold start, the screen shows the bios start screen, then instead of automatically proceeding to Windows (XP), it requires me to hit F1 to continue to Windows. The problem is intermittent on a re-start, but most of the time is there as well.  I tried to correct this by "optimizing defaults" but that does not work either. The motherboard has also been replaced.

I am perplexed on what might be causing this "sticky" bios.  I would be grateful for any suggestions for a solution.

Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: September 22nd, 2011, 7:56pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

There are suggestions at this website.  It gives three possibilities: go into CMOS setup and save the settings without making any changes, go into CMOS and correct any problems there, and replace a dead CMOS battery.
   Other possibilities are that something is wrong with your A drive or your BIOS needs to be flashed (this should only be done as a last resort).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
mgrunwell
Posted: September 28th, 2011, 1:22pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

hi - I have the same problem, but the reason is clear. on the early acer's~2004, if chasie intrusion is detected,bios halts, and displays a report. the bulk of the report is dim white on black  background with "press f1 to continue to windows" is brightly highlighted.I hope your monitor is nicely ajusted. ie britness and contrast and you are not missing some of the report.There appears to be no reset for this in bios so i assume the micro switch, that detects the case opening is not being operated, when the cover is refitted.In that case ,a permanent signal is sent to the MB ,indicating, no cover present. Refiting some desktops cases can be a horid slow tedious task if damage is to be prevented.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
MiKeY
Posted: November 29th, 2011, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi, I have a similar problem; plz read this.

http://www.regvac.com/forum/b-questions/m-1322563039/

Michiel
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules