Hidden References July 24th, 2017, 6:42am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Hidden References

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Hidden References
rwhitworth1
Posted: July 19th, 2011, 9:29pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I use A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner.  Every time I run the program it finds two items which it cannot  deleate like all the others.  The two are:
     C:Docume(upside down s)1\Ronald(upside down s)\Locals(upside down s)1/Temp\History\
     and
     C:Docume(upside downs)1\Ronald(upside down s)\Locals(upside down s)\Temp\Temporary    Internet Files\
they are taking up 0 bytes.  Using the references given I cannot find them on this hard drive.
Is there a way to find them and remove them from my hard drive?  
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: July 20th, 2011, 2:09pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

What is happening is that those are directories that are not empty (they still have files in them).  Because they still have files in them, they cannot be removed.
   The reason why all of the files were not removed from them is because the Use Time Buffer is checked in Cleaner Settings.  With this checked files less than two weeks old are not deleted.  This provides you protection from deleting a file in the temporary directory that may not be so temporary.
   If you uncheck the Use Time Buffer checkbox, all of the files in the temporary directories and the directories will be deleted.
   The directories are C:\Documents and Settings\Ronald(and some other letters)\Local Settings\Temp\History and C:\Documents and Settings\Ronald(and some other letters)\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files
   The upside down s, which actually looks like a sidewards s and is called a tilde, indicates that the directory or file name is longer than 8 characters long.  In the olden days directory and file names could only be up to 8 characters long.  Now they can be much longer than that but to be compatible with the old way, every directory and file has a short filename that uses the tilde to show that some letters are left out.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
rwhitworth1
Posted: August 9th, 2011, 8:18pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I unchecked the Use Time Buffer checkbox and now the files in the temporary directories have been deleted.  Thanks
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules