regvac stalls at start of "Cleaning -"... June 24th, 2017, 1:49am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  regvac stalls at start of "Cleaning -"...

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    regvac stalls at start of "Cleaning -"...
inventorgrissom
Posted: July 19th, 2011, 5:28am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

After scanning my HP Windows Vista registry, todays new regvac install immediately stalls at its first attempt to clean with: "Cleaning - \software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\installer\Folders"

Note that todays new Registry Cleaner install (to see if it also had the same problem) also stalls immediately after the registry scan but doesn't tell me where like regvac does.

Any clues on what could cause this?

Latest paid Avast (purchased today) scanned and quarantined many from running in boot and Windows Vista but changed nothing with the two registry cleaners stalls. The stalls are still exactly the same.

I love the regvac user interface, simplicity, and trust in its top MajorGeek rating and will purchase immediately after I get it to work.

Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: July 19th, 2011, 2:34pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I am not sure what you mean by "stall".
   If RegVac has a problem, it (not Vista) will give you an error.  If it does not give an error, then it is still working and you should let it continue working.  That part of the registry does take a while to scan.
   My guess as to what you mean by "stall" is that Vista has told you that RegVac has stopped responding.  This is something Vista does but it does not mean that anything is wrong.  Vista periodically sends a message to programs that are running and the programs are supposed to answer back.  When a program does not answer back within a certain amount of time, Vista assumes that it is not running and so Vista gives an error saying that the program has stopped responding (XP did the checking too but it did not give an error as Vista does).
   If the program is too busy working, it will not respond in time and you will get that error.
   So if you are getting that error message, please let RegVac continue to work.  Do not shut it down and you will find that it will complete the scan.  This is more a problem with Vista and not RegVac.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
inventorgrissom
Posted: July 19th, 2011, 2:58pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thank you for the response. The regvac program text stated it might take up to 15 minutes to clean the registry so I didn't expect it to get hung on that one folder for over an hour.

I just started regvac again but this time I'll let it run all day or until it finishes. If it does finish I'll post the elapsed time to completion.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
inventorgrissom
Posted: July 19th, 2011, 3:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

woah!.. this time regvac did not hang.. it finished while I was typing my response above.. less than 3 minutes elapsed with 1,804 items removed from my registry.

The fix was probably something Avast removed the second time around last night.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules