Computer Screen November 24th, 2017, 1:06pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Computer Screen

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Computer Screen
willieboy
Posted: July 13th, 2011, 12:14pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I usually switch on at the mains when I begin working on my computer, then start the computer screen and then lastly press on the computer start button and the screen lights up showing the desktop. I've been doing the same thing for several years now. Since last week, however, the computer starts but no picture shows up on the screen. So I turned off the computer, waited 10 min. and re-started it. Same result - no picture. My wife said to check the fuse on the screen plug. I checked the fuse - no smell of burning - turned it around and re-started the system. This time I switched on the computer first, waited a while, may be a minute and then switched on the screen. Marvellous - screen back to normal. Today when I began I'm back to the same problem all over - no picture again whether I start the screen first or the computer first. This is really getting troublesome!!! Can any expert on these matters pl. come to the rescue and help me out, in a step by step fashion. Many thanks, have a nice day.
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: July 13th, 2011, 2:14pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Most monitors (screens) will turn off if they do not get a signal from the computer.  When you turn the monitor on, the power light will turn to green as the screen is looking for a signal.  When it does not find a signal, the power light will turn to yellow or turn off.  If it does eventually get a signal, the monitor will come back on.
   So the first thing I would suggest is that you check the cable between the computer and the monitor.  If that seems to be OK, I would suggest finding a different monitor and hooking it up to your computer.  If it works, your other monitor is going bad.  If it does not work, something is wrong with the computer.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules