EZ File Transplanter April 23rd, 2017, 7:50pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  EZ File Transplanter

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    EZ File Transplanter
seafest
Posted: May 25th, 2011, 3:54pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I got excited when I saw your program, EZ File Transplanter, because I work with video programs (specifically Windows Movie Maker and Video Edit Magic) that have video files and jpg's attached within the project files.  I'm reorganizing and want to move all of these file folders to another location, but don't want to have to reattach all the links.  I downloaded the trial version of this program and tested it with just one folder, but the end result was that no links were moved.  When I went into the Windows Movie Maker file that had been moved, all the links to the videos and jpg's were missing.  Perhaps I'm trying to use this program in a way it's not intended to be used.  Please advise.
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: May 26th, 2011, 2:42pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

EZ File Transplanter looks for links in the files that are left behind to the files that you move and replaces those links with the new location.
   I assume you are also moving the videos and jpgs.
   You could use the Map Only option in EZ File Transplanter.  Move the files (with or without EZ File Transplanter).  Then use the Map Only option to scan the drive of where you moved the files to.  In the "Find what" textbox put the old part of the old location and in the "Replace with" textbox put the new part.  For example, if you are moving folders from C:/oldfolder/videofolder/subfolders to D:/newfolder/videofolder/subfolders then you would put "C:/oldfolder/" in the "Find what" textbox and "D:/newfolder/" in the "Replace with" textbox.  This will search for "C:/oldfolder/" in all of the files of the designated drive and when EZ File Transplanter finds it, it will replace it with "D:/newfolder/".  Be sure you tell it to scan all files.
   Be sure that what you enter in the "Find what" textbox is exclusive to your situation.  If you put "C:/Program Files/" it may change more than you want it to change.  I would suggest checking the "Stop and Verify each Mapping Change" checkbox so you can see what it is finding and you can approve the changes.
   If the project file is encrypted in any way, this will not work but otherwise it should.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules