Brother MFC Scanner August 23rd, 2017, 6:15am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Brother MFC Scanner

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Brother MFC Scanner
Ray
Posted: April 27th, 2011, 4:09am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I am posting this for someone who cannot get on this board.  Please see below.  Ray

I have a Brother MFC scanner-printer-fax DCP-7020. It is not on the list of entirely compatible MFC's but has coordinated quite well with all previous upgrades to Nuance PaperPort archive records/retrieval filing application called MFL-Pro Suite. I have been using the latest non-professional 12.1 of PaperPort without difficulty since original installation on 12-02-2010  Several times I have had to uninstall and reinstall the driver via CD for the DCP-7020 because of a message: "Lost connection to scanner" It has been successful with everything going smoothly until about 5 days ago.. Now, for some reason obvious to me, I am getting a message during the same procedure of uninstall/install as follows in a mini-window with yellow triangle with exclamation point: "PaperPort Internet Error 2723
                                   New Product Found  

Yesterday, while turning on computer in morning, just before RegVac comes in after registration order completed on desktop there appeared and continues to appear C:\Windows\System32 exposing a long list of various DLL's, etc. I am able to minimize it from open window. However, when I X it it goes down to the left side of the lower work bar. It will X from there.

Since that appeared, I now get another mini-window message: The PaperPort installer doesn't respond.  
                                                                                              Please restart PC and ensure that all
                                                                                            all active aplications are closed, then
                                                                                            reinstall MFL-Pro Suite

Could any of this be related to erasure of necessary registry for the above problem? If not, perhaps some of your bloggers may have some hints or solutions.  

I also have your 1-Click Pro-Active PC Cleaner which comes on after RegVac each time I reboot or at least daily.

Dr. Chuck                    
Logged Offline
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules