Black screen freezing issue August 21st, 2017, 6:52am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Black screen freezing issue

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Black screen freezing issue
alexander194
Posted: March 25th, 2011, 2:24pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi there, whenever I play a game- but more intensive types rather than a trivial game/online one, after a certain amount of time which can vary- from 20-60 minutes etc i eventually get a immediate sudden black screen appearing on the screen, completely freezing my computer and having to reset to start up again, aswell as getting a message of windows shutdown incorrectly.

Also with this comes a very loud high pitched buzzind/beeping sound for around 3-4 seconds. When I try windows event viewer (new to it so only know how to do basic functions) it mentions this:

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications."

"Crash dump initialization failed!" on two seperate occasions within the same 5 seconds,

"Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0"

all of these within the same :39 minutes past the hour, so obviously related. Has done the same thing, and same event details four seperate times, each within an hour of eachother.

The game I'm noticing the problem now on in Lead and Gold, a steam based shooter game. I've also noticed the problem on another game too, but generally its been on steam so I don't know if thats related, though all the games have been over a certain performance intensity.

I have a radeon hd 4870 card, quad core amd processor, gigabyte MB supporting my other specs, 4 gig ddr3 1333 kingston ram, 500 gig harddrive, and a newly replaced 650w good brand corsair powerpack. So my system is definately capable its definately an issue/error occuring somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, if anyone has heard of similar problems along these lines. Thank you,

Alex
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
crashman
Posted: April 12th, 2011, 7:23pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Sounds like your graphics card is overheating.
This would create the black screen as opposed to a blue or error screen.

Processor, hard drive or RAM cannot cause a problem like this. Power supply at only 650w possibly could but that would depend on what it is also feeding.

Try a can of compressed air from your local computer shop, take off the sides and blast out the dust and debris. If there is a provision for a cooling fan near your graphics card then get one.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules