duplicate code April 27th, 2017, 4:53pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  duplicate code

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    duplicate code
frederickgt81
Posted: March 14th, 2011, 2:07pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have just upgraded to win 7,64, I tried to install call of duty black ops,but upon entering the code supplied,I am informed that the code is already in use on another computer,This was a present a new copy.Steam is not at all helpful,what now?
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
dickiesam
Posted: March 24th, 2011, 9:13am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi,
If the software was in it's original unopened packaging when you received it, it sounds to me as though whoever gave you the software has been ripped off with a pirated copy. You should ask them where they purchased the product and report the vendor to the authorities. Pirating is a serious offence.

If it wasn't in the original unopened packaging, then it may have been previously installed on another machine and there's nothing you can do to make your copy install.

DS
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
dickiesam
Posted: March 26th, 2011, 8:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi,
Re your response:
"Copy was still unopened and sealed was purchased from Game in November for my birthday. It seems my daughter is out 40,will not buy from Game again."

I gather this was a purchase in the UK? Your daughter should lodge a formal complaint to to the vendor and demand a full refund. Should they refuse they should be told the matter is being reported to the local Trading Standards Officer as a potential case of pirating. It is actually essential that you do both, because a pirate copy appears to be the only way the code with the software could have been previously activated, making your install impossible.

DS
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules