Regvac and Win 7 64-bit October 16th, 2017, 11:49pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Regvac and Win 7 64-bit

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Regvac and Win 7 64-bit
Ralph
Posted: February 8th, 2011, 2:21pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Will Regvac work properly with Windows 7 64-bit?
The Regvac product info does not list Win 7 64-bit as a compatible O/S.
However, a friend of mine has been using it on his Win 7 64-bit computer and it appears to be working without any problems.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: February 9th, 2011, 6:23pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Before Windows 7 64bit came out there were reports from users about RegVac having problems with some third party software.  That is why we did not list Windows 7 64bit in the compatibility list.
   We were not able to test RegVac in Windows 7 64bit before the official release of Windows 7 (we did not get in on the prerelease beta trials like we had in previous version updates).  When we tested it, RegVac did not cause any problems for us.  The few specific problems that were reported to us, were not problems that we were able to reproduce.  More and more people are reporting that they are not experiencing any problems with RegVac in Windows 7 64bit and so I am considering adding Windows 7 64bit to the compatibility list.
   One thing that does not work in RegVac in Windows 7 64bit is the Registry Backup, Pack, and Restore in the Expert Zone.  This is a bug in Windows 7 64bit and not a problem with RegVac.  When Microsoft fixes Windows 7 64bit (which I doubt they will), then RegVac will work.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
mblair5028
Posted: February 18th, 2011, 10:00pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Here's what happened to me.  I have Win 7 64-bit and after using RegVac, I could not use UPS WorldShip software.  I had to re-install Win7.  After awhile, I ran Regvac again and somehow there's a problem in my MDAC.  UPS Support blames Microsoft and Microsoft blames everybody else.  I was unable to get RegVac to undo its cleanup.  Now I see that Ray says there's a bug in Win 7.  I came up with a work around that's a bit cumbersome.  I don't know how I could have tested for this ahead of time.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules