Missing Music??  & A1 Cleaner December 17th, 2017, 5:55pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Missing Music??  & A1 Cleaner

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Missing Music??  & A1 Cleaner
cavegirl
Posted: January 10th, 2011, 7:14am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Here's the conundrum.  
  So, after I ran the A1 cleaner, I used the disk defragmenter on my computer and thought I was doing a super good job of cleaning up my computer.  Originally, I had about 2G left on my harddrive.  Now I have ~19G.  
  Here's where it gets interesting.  All of the music/books that were on my computer are now gone.  Except for the 30 or so songs I bought from itunes.  I had about 10G of music/books on my harddrive.  They are not in the recycle bin.  I skimmed most of the A1 messages about the types of files I was deleting but it was a bunch of internet junk and I thought I was good to go.  I searched the harddrive and nothing came up so I couldn't have moved it accidentally.
  I'm afraid to plug my ipod into my computer for fear that the music that is on it will be gone when it is synced to this new incomplete library of music I now have.  
  How can one go about restoring files like this?  I know that it's possible to get back documents even if they've been deleted--that's what I've learned from CSI shows.

If you have any ideas on how to restore my music/book files, I'd be so appreciative!
Thanks a bunch!

It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: January 10th, 2011, 5:05pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Get a file undeleter.  There are free ones on the internet.
   A1Click removes files and folders in the Temp folder.  Maybe they were in the Temp folder.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
zapp22_11
Posted: January 17th, 2011, 10:07am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi -- I am not sure, but instead of syncing could you not restore your i-Tunes files?? I have about 70-80 gigs of media files that I manually back up once a month. Surely i-Tunes lets you buy a new computer and move files to the new computer [new install on your machine] & restore those files?? Just a thought & I could be wrong.

Fred
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
zapp22_11
Posted: January 17th, 2011, 10:37am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

OH --pick your restore program carefully -- I deleted & restored SIX years of music files & recovered, but lost the names of the files & did not think I was up to listening to all the songs & renaming [still have the disk somewhere ]--- it was all my fault -- when I first started with Ubuntu. Now I run Windows when I want an Office presentation or to play games off line. Computer stays in Hibernate for weeks at a time ... I do wish you good luck ----- I do run Win Rescue whenever I use the machine to fix errors from last time I used it. Amazing program.

Fred
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules