Record audio from streaming Adobe Flash Video December 17th, 2017, 4:29am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Record audio from streaming Adobe Flash Video

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Record audio from streaming Adobe Flash Video
Leib
Posted: December 6th, 2010, 6:09pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

My wife is taking an online course in herbal healing and can watch  both the classes as they take place live as well as accessing archives of the classes.  There isn't usually much in the way of critical visual components to the classes and she would like to extract just the audio to play on her mp3 player to listen to when she is away from her computer.

Anyone know of a free program that can record the sound from the streaming video or which I can use to record the streaming video itself ?

I currently use such a program called YouTube Downloader for ... what else ?...YouTube Videos, but it won't work with this website. I can use YouTube Downloader to extract the audio from any video on my computer, I just can't use it to download these videos themselves.

Tia, Leib
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Leib
Posted: December 7th, 2010, 1:29am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Well, I, myself found one type of program, although it has a major flaw. I found it through one of my favorite free/share-ware sites -  majorgeeks.com .

It is called, appropriately enough, "Free Sound Recorder", it records sounds playing on one's computer in mp3 format, so it works off of your computer's sound card.

On the one hand it saves me the trouble and extra steps involved with having to download a whole video and then using my other program YouTube Downloader to extract the audio. On the other hand since it is working with a live playing audio using my sound card, I can't use my sound card for anything else in the interim.

Of course, the major flaw is that the mp3 files can only be created in real time and (actually the following is a 2nd major flaw) they can only be processed one at a time.

A third, though minor issue, is that nothing else can be playing on the computer while this is going on.

Well, I'm going to keep looking for a more versatile program, in the meantime I hope someone else can come up with another suggestion for me

Thanks in advance again, Leib
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Ray
Posted: December 7th, 2010, 3:28pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Audacity is the premier free sound recording/editting tool.  It can do what your Free Sound Recorder can do and more.
   I don't know of anything that can extract sound from a streaming video.
   The streaming video does end up in a file in the temporary internet directory.  It may help to know what format that file is.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Leib
Posted: December 7th, 2010, 4:02pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Ray.

I'll check that one out. I'm glad you responded, I couldn't think of a better recommender.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules