Having problem when trying to remove movie clip December 17th, 2017, 4:31am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Having problem when trying to remove movie clip

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Having problem when trying to remove movie clip
tomar
Posted: November 28th, 2010, 6:59am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I finished creating a movie DVD using clips from my wife's movie camera (uses SD memory)
To save some hard drive memory space, I deleted the used clips and also the actual movie that they were used in. I find, however that I have about 6 clips sitting in a folder in  "My Documents" > "My Videos"
When I try to delete them I get a message "Error deleting file or folder. Make sure that the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use"
I've tried everything I can to delete the files. One thing I find, if I use the "Search" facility there appear to be 2 of each of the clips, but both have the same source details. Any suggestions?
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: November 29th, 2010, 3:57pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Make sure that the program that you used to make the DVD is not running.  If it is, it could be keeping those files open and so you get that error.
   If that does not work, you might try shutting down your computer (by going to Start - Shut Down and selecting Shut down).  Then start the computer and before doing anything else, trying to delete those files.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
tomar
Posted: November 29th, 2010, 9:34pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Ray.
Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't help.
I had already removed the clips from the movie I had made and also had removed all the other clips from the system. It is just those few clips remaining.
I tried restarting the PC, but that didn't do it either.
Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I am using Windows XP, not that I think that it will make much difference.

Any other suggestions?
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Ray
Posted: November 30th, 2010, 2:57pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Removing them in DOS or another operating system will work.  You can remove them in DOS by making a boot diskette, but you will have to know your way around DOS and you will have to know where the files are.
   Or you could use our XP Recovery CD Maker to make a boot CD and delete it from that.
   Or if you have dual operating systems on your computer, you can delete it from the other operating system.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
tomar
Posted: December 3rd, 2010, 4:46am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

hello again Ray.
Thganks for your efforts to assist me with the problem
Today I finally solved the thing!
Sometime before trying to remove the last clips, I had deleted QuickTime from my PC, thinking that since I hadn't used it , I wouldn't need it. Anyway I had reinstalled it again after finding that I needed it to run some program that my Granddaughter plays on.
Well, it turns out that the program I use for making the movies Cyberlink Power Director utilizes Quicktime.
Trying again to remove the clips today, well, Bingo. All gone!

Maybe someone might find this long winded info useful.

Regards
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules