virus and system reboot June 27th, 2017, 12:22pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  virus and system reboot

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    virus and system reboot
maddox72
Posted: November 2nd, 2010, 6:00pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

My Cogeco virus software started a few days ago removing this virus win32.ramnit.a. Several days passed and it was removing this virus like crazy like hundreds with no end in sight and with different extentions like "removing ramnit.G" etc. Certain time my computer promted me that a restart was needed to get get rid of some of these infections.  Now my computer will not fully download windows XP, its says after a short while booting STOP: C000021A (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) F*C 0000034 (0*OOOOOOOO 0*00000000) The system has been shut down. This screen remains no matter what I do. Do I need to hit some button during boot up to enter safe mode and when this is done what do I do? Boy am I lost over here..

Dan Maddox
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: November 3rd, 2010, 4:30pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Try contacting Cogeco and seeing what they suggest to do.

This is what Windows Help says about starting in Safe Mode:

To start the computer in safe mode
You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2.
Click Start, click Shut Down, and then, in the drop-down list, click Shut down.
In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.
If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Notes

In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no network connections). You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option, which loads all of the above files and drivers and the essential services and drivers to start networking, or you can choose the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option, which is exactly the same as safe mode except that a command prompt is started instead of the graphical user interface. You can also choose Last Known Good Configuration, which starts your computer using the registry information that was saved at the last shutdown.
Safe mode helps you diagnose problems. If a symptom does not reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and minimum device drivers as possible causes. If a newly added device or a changed driver is causing problems, you can use safe mode to remove the device or reverse the change.
There are circumstances where safe mode will not be able to help you, such as when Windows system files that are required to start the system are corrupted or damaged. In this case, the Recovery Console may help you.
NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules