Major disaster! December 17th, 2017, 5:56pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Reader's Tips  ›  Major disaster!

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Major disaster!
galen
Posted: September 19th, 2010, 6:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

This was a long ordeal so I'll try to keep it short. I was installing a virus update that my isp (Time Warner) (CA) provides for free which I have used for years and had no problems with. After the update something was not right with the computer. Programs were missing, links were missing, and the cpu would not respond to certain commands. So I tried to restore to an earlier day but I kept getting error messages. Nothing would work. I could see the programs but the paths were not there. Even safe mode would not get me to the programs. So after 5 hours of jacking with the darn thing, I was ready to go buy a new computer. And try to get someone smarter than me to try to get important info off my computer. But just before I was going to stop, I notice my program I use once a month, RegVac registry cleaner was there and I was able to open it. I saw that the dates I had cleaned my registry. The program also makes a copy of the registry before deleting what it finds as a mistake or junk.  So I clicked on last moths date and it ask me if I was sure I wanted to restore back to the earlier date. Heck yes! After a few minutes of restoring. I had my computer back!!! This one issue  more than paid for the cost of the RegVac many times over! Ray I can't thank you enough for an excellent program. I have since gone out and invested in a backup program. And another backup hard drive. I have backed up the complete hd.  Galen Haddock Smithville, Missouri.      
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: September 20th, 2010, 1:47pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

You are welcome.  Thank you for telling us your story.  I am glad it was able to save your day.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Reader's Tips  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules