desktop pc doesn't work June 26th, 2017, 10:29am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  desktop pc doesn't work

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    desktop pc doesn't work
baboushka
Posted: August 30th, 2010, 8:34am Report to Moderator
Guest User

hi there , i just wanted to know ; i was moving my pc from a place to another when i discovered that the cmos battery was gone ! now my pc doesn't work , the hhd never flash even when i put another battery ; now : might be an electrical problem or what ? if anyone had experience please help me with an im really grateful ..
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
dickiesam
Posted: September 9th, 2010, 10:54am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi,
Difficult to suggest a solution from what you have posted. How did you know the CMOS battery was 'gone'? I assume you don't mean physically missing but low voltage. If the battery was going 'low' you would normally receive a low battery warning in advance of total failure. The warnings vary from make to make and with the BIOS but often consists of the time and date being consistently wrong or having to reinstall drivers.  

Don't understand "hhd never flash". What do you mean? Will the PC boot or start? Or is it completely dead? It is possible that you have disturbed a connection on the motherboard when you installed the new battery, so you should check to make sure all connections are good. Check that the battery is in the right way. It is also possible that the motherboard or CMOS chip received an accidental 'dose' of static charge from you when you were fitting the new battery. If this did happen you could need a new motherboard.

Good information here about low CMOS battery problems:
http://www.helium.com/items/806743-tips-for-knowing-when-the-cmos-battery-is-getting-weak

Dickiesam

Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Ray
Posted: September 9th, 2010, 1:52pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

If "hhd never flash" means that the harddrive is not recognized, you will have to go into BIOS (also called Setup) and have it recognize the harddrive.  Your computer should say on the screen as it is starting up how to get into BIOS or Setup.  You usually have to press one or two keys.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
BruceM
Posted: September 18th, 2010, 7:48pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

The request is confusing as we do not even know if anything happens when the start button is hit. Are there noises or any lights? If not there may be a bad switch or the power supply is shot, or the cable to the Mb from the Powe supply has gotten out of the slot. To help we need to know what happens
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules