PMMdatamgr December 17th, 2017, 4:30am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  PMMdatamgr

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    PMMdatamgr
alanturk
Posted: August 14th, 2010, 6:11pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member

I have just started using Windows 7 64-bit on a laptop. I also use ZoneAlarm, which has started flagging up outgoing internet access requests by a process named PMMdatamgr. I can't find a reliable explanation of what it is by internet searches (Google etc) as some say it is malicious, others that it is normal. I don't know what to believe, so I block it each time, but perhaps I'm blocking someything important. Can anyone tell me for certain what it is, please?
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: August 16th, 2010, 6:39pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

From what I can tell, the file can be either a virus or it comes with Hitman.  If you have the game, Hitman, then the file is probably valid.  If not, it is probably a virus.  I found this information only in one place, so I am not sure of its accuracy.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
alanturk
Posted: August 16th, 2010, 9:04pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member

Thanks Ray. I've never heard of Hitman, so it's not that, in which case, from what you say, it looks like it may be a virus. I'm horrified to get one so soon on a new machine, but I'll give it a scan now and see what comes up.
Logged Offline
Reply: 2 - 4
rhaaanen
Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 3:40am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Quoted from alanturk
Thanks Ray. I've never heard of Hitman, so it's not that, in which case, from what you say, it looks like it may be a virus. I'm horrified to get one so soon on a new machine, but I'll give it a scan now and see what comes up.

Hi, I too have a new computer with Windows 7, use ZoneAlarm and see the PMMdatamgr alerts.  Have you found any further information about PMMdatamgr?
thanks
Rod
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
alanturk
Posted: August 22nd, 2010, 8:13pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member

I have used AVG for a virus scan, but it revealed nothing. I suspect PMMdatamgr is part of W7, but it seems to be performing well without PMMdatamgr having Internet access, so until I find anything to the contrary I propose to continue to block it. I always block things that I don't recognise.
Logged Offline
Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules