Opinions would be appreciated November 20th, 2017, 7:35am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Opinions would be appreciated

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Opinions would be appreciated
beagle
Posted: June 28th, 2010, 9:39pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I currently use RegVac and A1 Click Ultra PC Cleaner.

If I'm not mistaken my computer is set to defrag itself and clean itself automatically as well.

But I'm always wondering if there is stuff still sitting on the computer which hasn't been cleaned and should be gotten rid of.

There are products out there that will supposedly "tune-up" your computer by getting rid of all the clutter, junk etc. resulting in a faster computer.

Am I wasting my money getting a product of this type or is my RegVac and A1 Click Ultra all I really need?  I actually purchased a product called System Mechanic the other day and haven't bothered opening it.  I think I bought it on impulse more than anything.  I can still return it.  I'm not looking for an appraisal of System Mechanic as much as a "professional" opinion of whether or not products of this kind are useful when used in conjunction with RegVac and A1 Click.

Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: June 29th, 2010, 6:17pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Usually they are just registry cleaners like RegVac.  If they call them registry cleaners then no one will buy them so they call them something else.  As I remember it, System Mechanic comes from Registry Mechanic with a few tools from a drive cleaner (like A1Click) added in.
   I have put every type of registry cleaning tool I can think of and find in RegVac.  I have compared it to other registry cleaners to make sure it is the best.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
beagle
Posted: June 29th, 2010, 10:15pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Ray.  

After reading the various customer reviews and your post I've decided to return the software unopened.  It sounds like they are trying to re-invent themselves.  I also noticed that they charge $30 each year for upgrades-  something you have never done!
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules