RegVac stops app from working April 26th, 2017, 5:58am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  RegVac stops app from working

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    RegVac stops app from working
Bill
Posted: June 27th, 2010, 9:05pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

RegVac works OK on all my apps except Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition. This particular app is a midi music sedquencer/recorder. Obviously, RegVac removes some files that Sonar 8 needs in order to open properly. I tried isolating all the files I could find referencing Sonar 8 but that didn't help...still receive the message "Sonar 8 is not correctly installed. Please reinstall." If I reinstall, the app works fine until I use RegVac again. Can someone tell me what type of files I should be looking for so that they will not be effected by RegVac? Thanks.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: June 28th, 2010, 3:04pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

It is probably a secret entry that Cakewalk has entered in the registry.  There is no certain type to look for.
   Since RegVac cleans so much, you must narrow things down.  You can go into the Scan and Clean section of the Advanced Zone and run one tool at a time (by checking only one item and then clicking on the Scan and Clean button) until you find the tool that messes up Cakewalk.  Then go to the RegVac directory in Windows Explorer and rename the current undo file and run that tool again.  Then compare the two undo files (the first one should have the bad entry in it, the second one will not).  Hopefully, that will help you find the bad entry.  If not, you can send the two undo files to me and I will take a look at them.  Lately I have not been too successful in finding bad entries because RegVac removes so much that it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
   If you do find out which one is the bad entry, please let me know so I can permanently keep RegVac from removing it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Bill
Posted: June 28th, 2010, 4:54pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Ray...thanks very much for your input. It sounds like finding the correct file is going to take awhile so, I'll get back to you when I find it. Best Regards.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules