Corrupted Recycle Bin May 25th, 2017, 8:39am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Corrupted Recycle Bin

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Corrupted Recycle Bin
rwhitworth1
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 8:58pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

[face=Arial][/face][justify][/justify]
My Recycle Bin shows to be full all the time.  When Empty the Recycle Bin in selected a Dc8 error is received saying that the disk is either full or write protected.  I have tried asking Windows and Microsoft but they have nothing to offer.  Some suggestions given were very tecky and dangerous to the system.  You make an error and the system is affected.  I do understand that the Recycle Bin can be deleted and that the system will recreate it after rebooting.  If someone could write a program who knows what they are doing to delete the Recycle Bin from Windows XP Home edition that would correct the problem.  Then the system would create a new Recycle Bin without the corruptions.  Unless my thinking is wrong.  I need someone who knows what is going on.  This whole problem started after I shift deleted a couple of files.  Hindsight is always clearer than foresight.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: May 24th, 2010, 5:00pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

The Recycle Bin is just a directory on each drive called either recycled or recycler (depending on which Windows you are running).  You do not see this directory in Windows because when Windows sees it, it does not show it and takes all of the files in it and combines them into the Recycle Bin.
   If you open a Command Prompt (you can find this in Start - All Programs - Accessories), you can see it.  Navigate back to the root directory by typing, "cd\".  You can change to the recycler directory by typing, "cd recycler".  Then you can type, "dir", to see what is in that directory.  You can delete all of the files in this directory by typing, "del *", while you are in that directory (please be careful with this because it will delete all files in the directory that you are in).  You can delete the recycler directory by going back to the root directory ( C:\ ) and typing, "rd recycler".
   A1Click deletes the files in the Recycle Bin.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 5
rwhitworth1
Posted: May 25th, 2010, 10:28pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

A1Click finds the problem but does not remove it.
I tried the procedure only to be told there were no files found.
The desktop shows files but when you explore it files are not to be found.
When you type empty the recycle bin it gives you the Dc8 and 3 files.
This makes no sense.  Could a recycle bin be overwritten with a new copy?
I am just guessing.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 5
Ray
Posted: May 27th, 2010, 1:44pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Did you look at the recycler directory on each drive?  The Recycle Bin is a combination of the recycler directories on all of the drives.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 5
rwhitworth1
Posted: May 27th, 2010, 5:18pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have only one hard drive ( C: ).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 5
rwhitworth1
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 9:39pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I finally figured out what was causing my Recycle Bin to show full: and how to correct the problem.  There were files hidden and left in the Recycle Bin.  This was causing the Dc8 error.  I found a program called "Unlocker 1.8.9.exe."  With the freeware program I was able to have the files moved to My Document folder and stored as a file.  Then, I was able to delete the files.  Once the files were deleted my Recycle Bin showed to be empty: and has been working fine.  Refer this to anyone else who may be having the same problem.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 5
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules