Is 64 Bit compatibility in the works? December 17th, 2017, 4:02pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Is 64 Bit compatibility in the works?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Is 64 Bit compatibility in the works?
MedfordTim
Posted: May 13th, 2010, 6:24pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Please forgive me if this is the 1000th time this has been asked. I went through a few pages to see if it was already there.

I am putting together a 64 Bit Win7 system and really want to use Super Win products. I see that WinRescue 7 doesn't support 64 - is that in the works?

Is RegVac compatible with Win 7 64? Would I have to use it in the XP mode? Same questions with A-1 Click. (I know - it says it works with all versions, but....)

Thanks for the help!
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: May 14th, 2010, 2:19pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

You are right.  I have covered this topic many times in this forum.  Here it is again.

WinRescue 7
   The problem is that Windows 7 64bit is not compatible with all of the other versions of Windows.  It does not do some of the things that all of the other versions of Windows does.  WinRescue uses Windows procedures (as do all programs that run in Windows) and some of those procedures are not supported by 64bit and 64bit did not provide new procedures to take their place.  So until Windows 7 64-bit corrects this problem, there is not much that we can do.  When and if they correct it, we will incorporate the solution into WinRescue 7.

RegVac
   Some people have reported problems with RegVac in 64bit while others have said that there is no problem.  We did not find any problems.  I think it is problems with other software and not with Windows 7 64bit.  You can always figure out which entries are causing the problems and have RegVac skip them.
   A problem with RegVac and Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) is that Windows 7 blocks many entries from being removed from the registry even though they may be bad.  There is no harm in that but it is annoying that RegVac finds those same entries again and lists them as bad on the next scan.

A1Click
   I don't know of any problem with Windows 7 64bit.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
MedfordTim
Posted: May 14th, 2010, 2:40pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thank you for the response and your patience.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules