Please help me in choosing web hosting May 24th, 2017, 8:09am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Please help me in choosing web hosting

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Please help me in choosing web hosting
0zas
Posted: March 19th, 2010, 10:57am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: March 29th, 2010, 3:44pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I have had an account that gave me unlimited bandwidth tell me that too, that my account was using too much of the server's resources.  As they explained it, it is not that I am using too much disk space or too much bandwidth, but that my account was bogging down the server that it was on and others were not able to use it.  To remedy the problem they could put my account on a bigger server which would cost more money.
   So even though they say that it is unlimited, it probably is not.  The fine print usually gives them the right to refuse service to you if you use too much of the server's resources.
   You will probably have to pay the extra money to get a higher level server.
   If you figure out what is using the resources, you may be able to divide it onto two servers or something else to keep you from getting in trouble.
   I have used pair.com for many years with no problems.  They are cheap but do not offer any unlimited packages.
   1 & 1 is also a cheap outfit.  It also does not offer unlimited packages (www.1and1.com).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Cassandra
Posted: March 31st, 2010, 9:38am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

I can recommend each of the three hosting services I use.  They all have excellent technical reliability.  None of them has an unlimited package, as far as I remember.

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/
They have a complicated la carte pricing system, but for almost everyone they are much, much cheaper than anyone else.  (I pay about $1.20/month for my two small sites together.  Cheap enough?)  On the other hand, they don't have SSL for customers, don't have a fancy control panel, and don't have a few odds and ends like cron jobs.  They also have no real email hosting, though they do have email forwarding, full DNS support for email, etc.  Good support and communication.

http://www.coastlandtech.com/
I'm not sure if he has any packages big enough for you, but you can always ask.  Good support and communication.

http://www.hostpinoy.com/
I don't know if they have packages big enough for you, but you can always ask.  They do have all of the most modern bells and whistles, though, and they are very inexpensive.  I don't know how their human-based support is, because I've never had occasion to use it.

Good luck.
C.

Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
sadhana
Posted: April 23rd, 2013, 6:14am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Quoted from 0zas
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Nice sharing.I don't know about http://www.hosting24.com/ .However i am using the site 9cubehosting.com .Here i got web hosting service at low cost.They supports only Linux hosting.They also provide me unlimited disk space,24/7 customer support,30 days money back guarantee etc... I have used their service.This is reliable and secure.

9cubehosting.com
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
jamespetrov
Posted: May 3rd, 2015, 11:47am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

depends on the kind of hosting you are looking for. If you are looking for vps hosting then i would suggest go for either webfaction and digitalocean. I have been using digitaloceanfor a long time. They are one of the best vps based hosting providers. If you are looking for then dedicated hosting then go for godaddy and quickpacket.There are always some godaddy coupons floating around try finding them either on retailmennot or coupons monk. You could some good deals on godaddy dedicated servers
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules