user registry May 23rd, 2017, 4:41pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  user registry

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    user registry
jopa66
Posted: December 4th, 2009, 4:09pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

WinRecueXP seems to be just what I am after to replace Windows System Restore which I find to be quite inefficient in its scope. Perhaps Ray or someone can help with a couple of questions.

I notice that when setting up files in the "Other Files" tab - It is here that I want to backup the "Documents and Settings" section for each user. In here, I have the option to backup the files "ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log & ntuser.ini" which I think is the user registry for each profile. However, when checking the individual files created after running the backup, I notice that of the three files mentioned, "ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log" do not get backed up from the logged in profile which normally is my own profile. They are there in the other profiles. I have verified that these files are indeed selected for backup. So, I guess my question is, "Are these files automatically included in the "Registry" backup in the "WinFiles" section of setup?" And if I do  a restore, "Will my own profile be restored along with the System files?"
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: December 5th, 2009, 12:05am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Yes, the registry backup includes those files since they are a part of the registry.  Restoring the registry will restore them.
   Since those files are part of the registry they cannot be backed up the same way other files are backed up.  Registry backup uses special processes to back those files up and to restore them.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
jopa66
Posted: December 5th, 2009, 1:04am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks Ray... That's what I thought. Just wanted to verify.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules