Difficulty with Internet links April 30th, 2017, 2:48pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Difficulty with Internet links

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Difficulty with Internet links
alanturk
Posted: November 11th, 2009, 5:25pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member

I am using Windows XP Home with SP3. I have recently had trouble with accessing links from some websites to others, and sometimes even with getting one to download after typing the correct URL into the address bar. What generally happens is that when I click, nothing happens OR something happens, but doesn't complete. Sometimes I can achieve success by clicking the Stop button, followed by Refresh, but that doesn't always work. Sometimes, clicking the link again will do the trick, but not always. Repeatedly doing these things also sometimes works, but not always. It's a particular nuisance when the link in question is supposed to log me out of something. If it only happened occasionally, I could cope, but it's happening a lot and really slows me down.

I think it may have started to be a problem following one of the Microsoft updates (which I always install when they are offered), but I can't be sure of that. Also, it makes no difference whether I use Firefox or IE.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.
Logged Offline
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules