Ghost in the works May 25th, 2017, 12:21pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Ghost in the works

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Ghost in the works
spankyjo54
Posted: October 29th, 2009, 9:25am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

My daughter bought herself a new laptop and sent her old one to me. It is only 3 years old, ancient you know, and when it arrived it worked great. Since I have always only had Desk tops this was new to me so I had an evening just playing around with it learning how to use my finger on the plate in stead of a mouse. You know, all the few differences I needed to find out how to work. I made no changes on it anywhere the shut it down and left it for the night.
    The next day I started it up, the music was gone and I was getting error messages that things were missing. I thought, just redownload I Tunes from the net and that should fix the problem. I hooked it up to my Ethernetand it could not find the server. I thought, well, maybe somehow a driver became corrupt, doubtful but went into the device Manager to look and to my surprise, there was nothing in the Device Driver Window. It was not hidden, the tree plain was not there. Now I am rreallybaffled. She sent me a perfect working laptop and I  managed to turn it into a non working laptop in one evening. What could I have done? I have not clue. Nothing that I have not done with my desk top.
    Any Idea's???????? I am baffled... Thanks, A B    
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
spankyjo54
Posted: November 3rd, 2009, 11:24pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Did I do something wrong? No one has answered my questions yet? Do I need to go to a different forum?
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Cassandra
Posted: November 4th, 2009, 4:40pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Hi!

Usually, when a tech question is ignored around here, the reason is that nobody knows the answer.

I have been maintaining and repairing my own machines for about 25 years - you see, there's something in the world even older than your laptop - and I have two pieces of paper from CompTIA saying that I must know something about something, and I've never heard of anything as weird and extreme as your story.

In addition to bumping your thread here every once in a while, you might try posting at

http://www.tek-tips.com/ and
http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml .

I have had good experiences with both of them, though neither is remarkably fast.  Both are free.

By the way, what version of Windows are you using, and do you have an installation disk or disks for it?  If so, what is on them?  (The installation disk for a laptop can include anything from a full version of an OS to nothing compounded with nothing.)

Good luck.
C.  
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules