Speed Startup error message April 30th, 2017, 2:52pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Speed Startup error message

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Speed Startup error message
jojfrost
Posted: October 18th, 2009, 4:29am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

"Failed to get data for 'Start'" appears repeatedly.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: October 19th, 2009, 10:26pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

That sounds like Speed Startup is trying to load the Services and it is not able to find registry settings for them which should be there for all of them.  The Services are located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services in the Registry.  If you look at the services listed there, each service should have a Start value.  It sounds like Speed Startup is not finding them or not given access to them.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
jojfrost
Posted: October 23rd, 2009, 7:31pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I see around 400 services at the Registry location specified. Checking the (separate) Services display, I see around 44 listed as auto start. Most on the Registry list have a Start value, but what should be done about the ones that don't? For example, .NET CLR Data; .NET CLR Networking; .NET Data Provider for Oracle; .NET Data Provider for SqlServer; and .NETFramework have no Start value and may be services I don't use. Nor does WmiApRpl and maybe a dozen others.

During system start I get two Failed to get Data pop-ups. When I run Speed Startup it give a pop-up immediately, then shows 20 startup items. During rebuild I get 5 Failed to get Data pop-ups.

I'm a user with just average computer knowledge and feel that I'm way over my head with Speed Startup. I do run RegVac (and A1Click) regularly if that is relevant.

I do like the Speed Startup interface with the step-by-step assistance.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
jojfrost
Posted: October 28th, 2009, 5:36pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Further thoughts: Why, on boot up, do I get two "Failed to get Data" pop-ups before the Speed Startup splash screen even appears? Are the 5 pop-ups during rebuild for 1 program (5 attempts to start) or 5 different programs? Why are there no entries in the Startup Lineup display after Rebuild?

I am disappointed that Speed Startup seems not to be working properly and apparently there is no help for troubleshooting. It would seem that when the program generates the error message it "knows" what file/data it can't get, so why can't the message be more specific; e.g., Failed to get filename? And is it the case that it can't find the file or it can't open it?

This program does not seem to be of the same quality as RegVac Registry Cleaner and A1 Ultra PC Cleaner. I have used both for several years with very satisfactory results.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Ray
Posted: October 30th, 2009, 2:14pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I am sorry that you are disappointed with Speed Startup.  There is something wrong in your registry.  No one else is having this problem.  Because of that, it is hard for me to tell you what is wrong.  I do not have your computer.  I am not there to be able to check it out.
   Speed Startup works before the splash screen is displayed.  What do the two "Failed to get Data" pop-ups say they cannot get data from?
   My guess is that they are five different services in the above mentioned section of the registry.  My guess is that something entered bad entries in your Services section.  I can only guess.
   Do you have the latest version of Speed Startup, v.2.01.14?  If not, please get it and try it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules