Lost e-mails on aol 9.0 SE August 23rd, 2017, 6:26am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Lost e-mails on aol 9.0 SE

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Lost e-mails on aol 9.0 SE
diane
Posted: October 14th, 2009, 5:52pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I got a new computer on 9/17.  I installed aol 9.0 that I was using on my old computer.  I just realized that all of my old "sent" and "old" emails are gone.  All I have left are from September 09.  I had e-mails from my deceased father from years ago that I kept in the "old" mail file.  Unfortunately I didn't move them to a "save" file.  Can they be retrieved?  I have my old hard drive, would they be on it?
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: October 15th, 2009, 5:10pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

So when you installed AOL 9 on your new computer you did not connect the old computer in anyway and the old emails were on the old computer.  Correct?
   It sounds to me that the old emails are on your old computer.  The previous emails that you had once you installed AOL 9 were emails that AOL had on their server.  What happens is when you check your email, the email messages are put on your computer but they are not deleted from AOL's server until they are a certain age (like one month).  When you check your emails again, AOL compares what you have on your computer to what they have on their server and only give you the ones that you do not have.  That is my guess at least on what happened.
   I would think that the old emails are on your old computer and that you could copy them to a CD and then to your new computer.  I would think that they are all kept in a certain directory.  I would suggest that you go to AOL and ask them for the details on how to do that.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
diane
Posted: October 16th, 2009, 1:50am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Actually, everything that was on my old computer was transferred directly to my new computer.  So, maybe I just hadn't noticed that the old e-mails were missing.  Did AOL change their policy of retaining all old e-mails with the 9.0 SE edition sometime in 2009?  I know I had them as late as this spring.  I didn't upgrade to the later editions of AOL until yesterday hoping that this wouldn't happen again.  I have 9.1 now.  AOL will not talk to me because I am on the free side, no help whatsoever.  My plan is to start put the old hard drive back in the old box and see if they are still there.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules