Admin email & address book retrieval December 17th, 2017, 4:03pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Admin email & address book retrieval

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Admin email & address book retrieval
cslindley
Posted: October 1st, 2009, 12:45pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I created a new user the Admin user disappeared. I now understand that this is by design. My question is this. I need to retrieve the settings, emails, basically everything from the Admin account. This is a work computer and since it was never set up correctly with a user the sales girl that uses this machine has a years worth of information stuck somewhere in the Administrator account.

I have pulled her files that I found but I now really need the email and address book.

Any ideas? suggestions? prayers! welcome
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
ABQMAN
Posted: October 7th, 2009, 4:31am Report to Moderator
Guest User

You can still access the administrator account by logging out of your current user account. Then push Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys twice. This will bring up the Log On to Windows screen. Enter administrator in the user name box and enter the administrator password. If there is no password just click the OK button.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
pcrepairbill
Posted: October 10th, 2009, 7:22am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hello,
     If you set your new user up as having administrator rights, you can just open windows explorer and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
where "Microsoft\Outlook" is your mail program or address book location. If you are not sure where your particular program stores the address book, create one with a few names and search for the most recent files. Then, copy the file or the entire folder to the new user's account and import them to the application. You may have to change ownership, but if you are set having administrator rights, that should not be an issue. Hope this helps, Bill.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules