Hardware not showing in PC November 20th, 2017, 7:42am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Hardware not showing in PC

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Hardware not showing in PC
spankyjo54
Posted: October 1st, 2009, 5:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have put together several computers for friends, myself, etc. but I have never run across this. I have two computers that work great with the exception of one thing. Even though the D & E drive show up in the bios, in the first tab, when I try to burn a audio CD direct from CD/ROM to CD/Dvd, the CD shows up in the c drive folder, but the CD and DVD to not. I have gone into the properties, and all other places I can think of and can't understand why the CD burner in on and The CD/DVD burner in the other do not show in the C drive folder and do not show in the burning software. I have tried  and changed out the cables, switched power plugs in case one has gone bad, everything and they just won't work on either computer.
     Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? ONe MOther board has the capacity to use IDE 3 & IDE 4 and I have been temped to deactivate the 1 & 2 and try using the others but I am not sure that would be the best thing to do. I did notice one thing in the bios, where the burner should be, the message about RAID is in purple and inaccessibleto change it over to the CD/ DVD burner. If I remember right, I am considered a "baby member" since I just joined the forum. That'sOK, I do seem to be going through my second childhood early.     Thanks for any help anyone can suggest.

Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
pcrepairbill
Posted: October 10th, 2009, 8:18am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hello,
       I was wondering what type of motherboard you have. It sounds like your HDD should use the SATA (since you said RAID) and the CD + DVD drives shoudl use the IDE-1 (which is the 3rd and 4th device), and ensure one is set for master and one for slave. I had a similar problem with an ASUS M/B and when using the SATA HDD, it would not recognize the Optical drive on IDE-0, but my M/B is 4 or 5 years old, but it is still running well. Hope this helps, Bill.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules