Deleted DLL's August 23rd, 2017, 6:24am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Deleted DLL's

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Deleted DLL's
Rob_Jager
Posted: September 21st, 2009, 10:39am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hello Ray,
I used the program DLL Archive, version 1.0.1, by AnalogX. It promised to remove unused DLL's from my XP Home SP 1,2,3 PC and put them in a archive.
After using this program I discovered that 'Help and Support' cannot be started, instead I get a message "marscore.dll not found". Also 'System Restore' has disappeared!
Is there any way to restore these lost DLL's? Or do I have to use my recovery disc, which means an complete re-installation of XP, an awful lot of work! My PC is otherwise running ok.
Thank you (or anyone) in advance for advise.
Rob
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: September 23rd, 2009, 1:30am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I would ask AnalogX about that.  Surely, they made backups before anything was changed.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Rob_Jager
Posted: September 23rd, 2009, 8:23am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Yes, they did have a restore in their program, but it did not work. Funny thing is that the missing item "marscore.dll can not be found" is quickly found by Search in the register.
On my wife's PC with XP this dll is not even there, but all programs work allright.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Ray
Posted: September 23rd, 2009, 5:08pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I assume that what you mean by, "is quickly found by Search in the register" is that the item is found in the registry.  The registry does not contain files.  It only contains references and links to files but not the file itself.  The error message is referring to the file on the hard drive not being found.  You may be getting the error message because the registry is referring to a file that does not exist.  I do not know if removing the registry item would fix the problem or not.
   I would ask AnalogX how to fix it all.  They should know.
   I did a search for "marscore.dll cannot be found" and found some websites that tell how to fix it.  Here is one - http://ask-leo.com/when_i_sele.....hat_should_i_do.html
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Rob_Jager
Posted: September 24th, 2009, 1:32pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thank you for helping to recover the missing dll's. I find there are more programs missing, I suspect a virus. Tot solve all problems I have decided to do a new installaton. This has many advantages, but there is nothing but a new start!
Greetings from Rob
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules