WinRescue Vista - Boot Disc? November 24th, 2017, 1:09pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  WinRescue Vista - Boot Disc?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    WinRescue Vista - Boot Disc?
redseujac
Posted: November 30th, 2008, 10:19am Report to Moderator
Guest User

With WinRescue XP there's  a possibility to make a rescue boot disc in case you cannot boot normally.

What about WinRescue Vista? When you cannot boot, then what benefit you have having made a WinRescue Vista backup you cannot reach?

Or am I missing something?
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: December 3rd, 2008, 9:51am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

WinRescue XP makes a boot floppy diskette.  WinRescue Vista does not have that because most people who have Vista do not have a floppy diskette drive on their computer.
   We do sell XP Recovery CD Maker for creating a boot CD.  If you have a Windows XP computer with the proper Windows files, you can make a boot CD on the XP computer and use it for recovering the Vista computer.  Please use the trial version of XP Recovery CD Maker before purchasing to see if you have the proper Windows files.
   I would like to make a Vista Recovery CD Maker but that will take a lot of research and development time and I just have not had the time to do so.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 7
redseujac
Posted: December 8th, 2008, 4:03pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ray wrote: "...you can make a boot CD on the XP computer and use for recovering the Vista computer".
Unfortunately, as I feared, that does not work.
I had already an XP Recovery CD (made with XP Recovery CD Maker) and I tried it today on my Vista computer, but that Recovery CD does not boot the Vista computer. After loading the Bart PE part I get each time an error message and I have to reset the PC with the reset button.
So when you are unable to boot, you can't recover the PC with WinRescue Vista, due to lack of WinRescue Vista Recovery CD
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Ray
Posted: December 8th, 2008, 5:11pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

What does the error message say?  If XP Recovery CD gives an error, Vista Recovery CD would give an error too.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 7
redseujac
Posted: December 9th, 2008, 11:10am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Unfortunately the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death):
(Translated from Dutch): "A problem has been detected. Windows has been closed to prevent damage. If this is the first time you see this screen with the stop error, you should restart the computer...." Technical Information: "***STOP: 0x0000007B(0xF78DA640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).
I tried to boot with a Bart PE (based on Windows XP)boot disc I had made formerly: it fails to boot mt Vista computer and gives a similar BSOD. Same with a Reatogo-X-PE (based on Windows XP too).
With a Vista PE boot disc I have no problem to boot my Vista computer.
Notice that my PC starts in SATA AHCI mode.
Conclusion: you have to make a Vista PE boot disc to boot the Vista PC properly?
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
Ray
Posted: December 9th, 2008, 6:37pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

No, the conclusion is that if your PC uses SATA AHCI mode, you have to make a boot disc that has compatibility to SATA AHCI mode.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
redseujac
Posted: December 9th, 2008, 8:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Quoted from Ray
...If you have a Windows XP computer with the proper Windows files, you can make a boot CD on the XP computer and use it for recovering the Vista computer...

So, that method will certainly not work on my Vista computer since the XP computer did not run in SATA AHCI mode.
It means you'd better make a boot disc on the Vista computer itself.
As I wrote, the Vista PE boot disc, made on my Vista computer earlier, boots that PC properly and after booting I can reach and run the WinRescue Vista program.
So it should be possible to make a Vista Recovery CD Maker based on Vista PE (the current XP Recovery CD Maker is based on Bart PE, isn't it?).
By the way in the Restore Wizard WinRescue Vista tells me "no WinVista Restore Points" though they do exist actually.
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
Ray
Posted: December 9th, 2008, 9:59pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

As I said before, "I would like to make a Vista Recovery CD Maker but that will take a lot of research and development time and I just have not had the time to do so."
   When I have time, I will look into the Restore problem that you mentioned.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules