freeware.com October 19th, 2018, 9:29am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Websites of Interest  ›  freeware.com

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    freeware.com
Canning
Posted: January 31st, 2006, 7:14pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have one site to share "Freeware.com", it has many downloads in such items as
freeware and shareware.., it also shares celebrity pictures (no dirt) or for that matter anything that can help in your fun time activities.
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: February 1st, 2006, 5:19am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I believe that back in the olden days, freeware.com actually had only freeware on it.  Then CNET (CNET is a publisher of computer magazines) purchased it and redirected it to download.com.  Freeware.com is actually download.com.  Download.com through the years has become quite commercialized.
   Download.com is a huge website of software but since they tend to rank software higher the more money their developers pay them, the truly free programs end up at the bottom of the list or not even listed.  I do go there once in a very great while to find software but I am usually disappointed with what I find.  What I usually find there is trial or demo ware that seems to be free but which actually is quite expensive to purchase and usually require yearly repurchasing.
   There are plenty of software sites out there and there are many freeware sites which will only list programs that are totally free.  One such site is http://www.freewarefiles.com.  I wonder if anyone else has any favorite freeware sites?
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
pdr
Posted: October 29th, 2006, 8:01pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Just as a general rule, wherever you find freeware (or any program you download, in fact) -- be sure to scan it with your anti-virus, your anti-spyware and your anti-malware programs before trying to install it.

If you have one of the good anti-evil programs, you can right-click on the file in question, and the context menu will contain an item, "Scan With [your protection program]"

Nasty people sometimes attach ugly little critters to those innocent-looking gems.

Peter
Logged Offline
Reply: 2 - 3
Ray
Posted: October 30th, 2006, 9:28am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I never scan any freeware programs that I get from freeware sites.  Many software sites scan all of the files before they list them on their site.  Even if they don't, they would quickly find out from their users that a file has a virus in it and would remove that file.
   Now if you download a file from a crack, hacker, warez, or similar site, then, yes, there is a possibility that it could have a virus or something in it.

I would like to correct my first post.  I just checked out freeware.com and it is not the same thing as download.com.  I am sure that it was when I made the first post, but maybe something happened since then.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Websites of Interest  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules