Have you wanted MS Office, but couldn't afford it? July 19th, 2018, 1:19pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Reader's Tips  ›  Have you wanted MS Office, but couldn't afford it?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Have you wanted MS Office, but couldn't afford it?
jbarrington
Posted: November 20th, 2006, 4:23pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

There have been instances where people have made mention to me they would like to have Microsoft Office (MSO), but they can't afford the price for the software suite.

People should really consider OpenOffice instead of MSO. OpenOffice an open source software suite that almost does everything that MSO can do. It can even open and edit almost any MSO document or spreadsheet. You can even elect to save your documents and spreadsheets in MSO format.

Another great thing about OpenOffice is that you can choose how much you feel you can afford to pay to use it. If you can't really afford to pay anything (unlikely with the typicasl user that has a computer), then it's free to use.

I'm so impressed with OpenOffice that when my current version of MSO is no longer supported by Microsoft I'll make the total switch to OpenOffice.

You can find OpenOffice at: http://www.openoffice.org

You can also find OpenOffice as a portable application for the thumb/flash drive at: http://portableapps.com/apps

A final disclaimer
OpenOffice may not be for everyone, or for every bussiness, but it should be fine for the typical home or student computer. Give it a try!  
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: November 21st, 2006, 4:33pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I have OpenOffice and it is a good substitute for Microsoft Office.  It also has its version of PowerPoint which is compatible with MS PowerPoint.
   Some of the wording in it is different than MS Office and the MailMerge feature is not as good as MS Office.  Those are the only disadvantages that I have found.  Definitely, if you do not have MS Office, you should get OpenOffice.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Reader's Tips  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules